Monday, June 11, 2012

Ode to Tea of Highgate





Tea: Green tea with honey, lemon and ginger / High Tea of Highgate
Infusion: 70-75'C 2-5 minutes

While travelling in London I must always visit one of the treasures of the charming Highgate Village. In this cute little tea shop and tea room, 
High Tea of Highgate, coloured with white and black stripes softened with delicious pink, you cannot be anything but tempted to stay for a cup of tea and piece of their delicious freshly baked cakes. You can also enjoy their famous high tea or cream tea with scones and all essentials. Every time (and that is not too often) I end up leaving the shop with several packets of tea and some other tea accesorries as they are too sweet to be left behind! Quality coffee is also served there so you could take your tenacious coffee friend with you as well. Since it's last summer I visited there last time I need to go back, hopefully soon, to make a full story of this lovely place. Now I will introduce you one of its' excellent teas.

As the package tells:

'Delightfully soothing and refreshing the addition of spicy ginger, zingy lemons and sweet honey to green tea makes for a cleansing and comforting cup of tea.
Perfect for times when feeling 'under the weather', but also when feeling 'on top of the world!'

Why not, I say. For me it goes also for the occasions somewhere in the middle. As a devoted ginger and honey lover I do find this tea very uplifting and it always cheers me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment